WNF&GA Virtual National Meeting 2020 Meeting Packet
Saturday, June 5, 2021 (10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.)
Due to concerns about the coronavirus, the Executive Committee of the WNF&GA decided to move our 2021 National Meeting to an online forum. This will be a three-hour meeting on Saturday, June 5th beginning at 10:00 a.m. EDT. Participation is free and open to all WNF&GA members, but registration is required.
Here’s how it will work:
- Click on this link to register for the meeting: TBD
- The National Registrar will also send this link out via e-mail to all members with an invitation to register. You can register any time up until the Friday, June 4th (the day before the meeting).
- Once you register, you will receive an invitation from “Kathleen Beveridge email@example.com” that will contain a link to join the meeting that is uniquely for your use. Save that e-mail and click on that link when it is time to join the meeting. If you use an electronic calendar, please click on “Add to Calendar” in that e-mail so that the information for the event will be saved in your e-calendar.
- If you register more than one day in advance, you will receive a reminder e-mail one day before the meeting and one hour before the meeting. Each of those messages will also contain the link to join the meeting. (That way, if you lose the original e-mail with the link, you don’t have to worry!)
- In advance of the meeting, please go to our website’s national meeting page for links you can use to test Zoom on your computer and troubleshoot potential problems with your computer’s video and audio systems. (See links below.)
- If you participate from a computer (not just by calling in on a phone), you will be able to participate using several webinar features like putting questions into the Q&A box, raising your hand to be recognized to speak, and “voting” using the polling feature in response to questions asked during the meeting. People on the phone will be able to hear what’s going on but probably won’t be able to speak and will miss many other opportunities to participate.
- If you participate on a computer that has a camera and you use your unique webinar link to join the meeting, it will be possible for the meeting hosts to recognize you when you wish to speak and show you on camera when you’re speaking, unless you choose to block video.
Thank you for your understanding and your willingness to collaborate with us as we attempt this new approach to the WNF&GA National Meeting. We look forward to “seeing” you on June 5th.
Zoom links to share:
How to join a test Zoom meeting to get familiar with the platform:
- On your computer: visit http://zoom.us/test.
- Using Zoom app on mobile phone: visit http://zoom.us/test
For step by step instructions for both of these options, here’s the link:
How to Join a Zoom meeting (Video instruction)