WNF&GA makes an annual donation of $500.00 to the Schlesinger Library in Cambridge, MA which houses all of our archives .
The WNFGA has sponsored and funded several major projects at the U.S. National Arboretum in Washington, D.C.:
- A Dogwood tree is purchased and planted in honor of the outgoing National president.
- Mrs. Francis King Dogwood Garden, dedicated in 1952 in memory of our first president.
- The Douglas Overlook, the Memorial Fountain in the Dogwood Garden.
- The Helen Macdonald Sanders Garden and flag pole, marking the Arboretum’s entrance.
- The Diamond Jubilee Pavilion in the Gotelli Garden, commemorating our 75th anniversary in 1989.
- We hold representation on the National Arboretum Advisory Council and support Friends of the National Arboretum (FONA).