The Frysinger International Project Fund
The Associated Country Women of the World (ACWW) sponsors projects for country women of the world in eight areas of need. The Pennies for Friendship process has been redirected to the Frysinger International Project Fund to dispense our grant to the ACWW project that was voted on at each WNF&GA National Meeting.
The U.S. National Arboretum in Washington, D.C
In the past, the WNFGA has sponsored and funded several major projects
- The Mrs. Francis King Dogwood Garden was dedicated in 1952 in memory of our first president.
- The Mrs. Walter Douglas Overlook fills one’s occasional urban need for the sight of a serenely flowing river with wooded banks high above the Anacostia River.
- Memorial Fountain was built at the far end of the Dogwood Garden.
- The Helen Macdonald Sanders Garden and flag pole mark the National Arboretum’s entrance.
- The Diamond Jubilee Pavilion in the Gotelli Garden was dedicated in 1989 to commemorate the 75th anniversary of our Association.
- We hold representation on the National Arboretum Advisory Council and support Friends of the National Arboretum (FONA).
- A Dogwood tree is planted in the garden to honor each outgoing WNF&GA president.